Friday, March 25, 2011

Retreat...

Retreat… I’m attending a ‘retreat‘.

Webster stays it’s an act of withdrawing oneself from a place. OK….I am withdrawing from the place of my routine life.

Webster also says its a state of privacy or seclusion from noise, bustle or company. Privacy? There’s supposed to be 3000+ people !

I’m not a fan of crowds. I have a bit of attention deficit so its hard for me to concentrate with so many people to distract me. I have sensitive ears so the noise is bothersome. I get cold usually. Whine whine…

But retreat I will. In the midst of the throng, I intend to retreat.

“You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me.”
(Ps. 119:114 The Message)



“ How blessed ….O GOD, …is the woman you instruct in your Word…providing a circle of quiet within the clamor….

Who stood up for me against the wicked? Who took my side against evil workers? If GOD hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it.

The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling," your love, GOD, took hold and held me fast.

When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up. …..

GOD became my hideout, God was my high mountain retreat…” (selected from Ps. 94:12-22 The Message)

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jer. 29:13)


He is my retreat and He can always be found when I seek Him with an undivided heart….

…..even in the middle of Dallas, Texas with the bustle and noise of 3000 other people.