Friday, June 4, 2010

Numbers

Numbers… Account numbers, confirmation numbers, drivers license and social security numbers, patient number…. What happened to names?

I don’t like having to keep up with and remember all the numbers !! I remember when all I had was my name, and everything operated on that. Sigh…..not now.

I sometimes feel like I’ve lost a bit of my identity, the people I deal with about things don’t know my name anymore, they want the stinkin’ number. And if you don’t have the right numbers….forget it. I can’t get an order submitted, can’t get a prescription filled, can’t pay a bill..

God is into numbers too. “ ..even the very hairs of your head are all numbered…” ( words of Jesus in Matt. 10:30)

“The Lord knows those who are His” (2Tim. 2:19) Jesus said, “I know My sheep and My sheep know Me…they listen to My voice: I know them, and they follow Me..” (John 10: 14,27)

“I have called you friends..” (John 15:15) Jesus is my friend. He knows my name.


He may have a number for the hairs on my head, but I am not a number to Him, He knows my name.

And I am SO thankful !!!