Sunday, September 16, 2012

Separation...

"....If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father..." (John 14:28)


In children we have labeled it 'separation anxiety'.  Children most often cry when their parents leave them.


Had I walked and talked with Jesus, I have no doubt I would have had separation anxiety too.  The disciples did not find it easy to hear when Jesus was preparing them for what was about to happen. But they needed to hear it, and He needed to say it.

The purpose of His life was not to just live it out.  His purpose was far greater.  In fact, the end of His life was the very reason He was born.

We are never anxious to be separated from those we love and rely on, yet the time comes when we are all separated from each other.  Death comes if nothing else...
Today, people I love are faced with coming separation.  I pray that God will remind each one who struggles with the anxiousness of the moment.....
"....you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world." (John 15:19)
We may be apart from each other for some period of time... a very short time in the eternal scope of things....but we can be confident that we are never really separated.  Not when it is the very love of God that binds us together with Him. 
Hallelujah.   



  
"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.: (Psalm 116:15)